CALVARY LAKEWOOD CHURCH COVENANT
Having, as we trust, been brought by divine grace to receive Jesus Christ as the Lord, Savior, and supreme Treasure of our lives, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit, we now, relying on His gracious aid, solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another.
GOSPEL – Worship God Passionately
Because the gospel is the good news that God is redeeming people for himself and restoring his good creation through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
- We will submit to the teaching of Scripture as expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- We will seek to live according to our identity as adopted sons and daughters of God.
- We will seek, by God’s grace, to glorify God in all things, realigning and passions and priorities for Christ.
- We will prioritize the regular gathering of the church to worship God for all he has done and has promised to do for us in Christ Jesus.
COMMUNITY – Connect With One-Another Authentically
Because the gospel creates a new community of people who live life together as the church:
- We will meet regularly and fulfill the one another commands of Scripture by counting others more significant than ourselves.
- We will seek the unity of the church by avoiding gossip, always being ready to seek reconciliation, and submitting to the leadership of our pastors.
- We will endeavor to raise the children under our care in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- We will pray for the ministries, members, and leadership of Calvary Church Lakewood.
CHANGE – Grow To Know God Deeply
Because the gospel changes us progressively to reflect the character of Jesus Christ (Christlikeness)—the fruit of the Spirit:
- We will seek to deepen our love for God by practicing a regular devotional pursuit of God individually and with other believers.
- We will live out the implications of the gospel by pursing holiness in all areas of life, repenting quickly of sin, and submitting to the accountability and discipline of the
- We will commit to growing in gospel fluency by telling the gospel regularly to ourselves and to other believers.
MISSION – Go Show And Tell The Gospel Boldly
Because the gospel also calls us to be a part of God’s mission of redemption:
- We will live like missionaries by making disciples who make disciples through consistently displaying and declaring the gospel.
- We will steward our time, talents, finances, and spiritual gifts to further the mission of God through the church.
- We will pray for the city of Lakewood, Greater Denver, and the world, and seek their good by engaging in deeds of mercy and kindness.
- We will, when we leave this fellowship, as soon as possible, unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.